Friday, May 4, 2012

Re-release of a Favorite

Hi everyone,I'm excited about the re-release of A Self Portrait, the fourth book in the series. These were the first books I wrote that actually got published so they have always had a special place in my heart. Although A Portrait of Phillip was the first in the series, A Self Portrait can be read as a stand alone, and also as a bit of a teaser for you to read the others - and ultimately all my books! LOL

When you're asked by the editor to write a sentence or blurb to tell the story in 50 words or less, for some reason that becomes a harder task that writing the whole damned book!I think I managed okay on this one though:Here's the one sentence I came up with:A Self-Portrait is an enthralling mix of romance and suspense, of enduring love and friendship, even after death, and the human spirit's indomitable will to survive.And then there's the blurb:Living with a private investigator can bring an element of danger into a guy's life. When his partner Jeff Stevens disappears on a routine trip to meet a friend in LA, Peter Brandon's psychic intuition alerts him to the fact that Jeff is somehow being held against his will.

Determined to find him, Peter reaches out for help to his deceased lover, Phillip, through the unbreakable psychic bond that still exists between them.Traumatized into unconsciousness, he dreams and remembers the life-defining relationship he had with Phillip and the subsequent events that took him almost to the point of death-and back. On waking, and with the certain knowledge that Phillip will aid him in his search, he and his close friends Andrew and David, set out to find Jeff.

They enlist the help of Nick Fallon, a NYPD detective, who flies in to help them and together they face a cult of Satanists led by Paul Lefevre, a mad illusionist promising his followers eternal life. Lefevre attempts to take control of Peter's bond with Phillip by holding Peter's mother hostage-a mistake that will cost Lefevre dearly as Phillip exacts a terrible revenge.

******

I'm giving away 2 copies of A Self Portrait. If you would like to enter just leave your email address on the comment box and I will have another author pick 2 names at random then I'll send the winners an ebook in any format they wish.Good luck, and as always, Happy Reading. Cheers, JP

20 comments:

  1. pick me pick me!!!!

    ilovefairymen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great blurb! Please count me in for the draw! :)

    qbeeqt@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I posted but I don't see it hope it doesn't post twice. Love the first book have read the others yet.

    l.abbou@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in. ethanstone.nv@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your stuff. Count me in! aspeed2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, maybe I can get lucky with this. I love the stories I have read and could always use another. gdh@north-hamil.ca or g-d-h@accesscomm.ca (how about 2 email addresses - did I double my chances. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the giveaway! and congrats on you're re-release!! :D

    Judi
    arella3173_loveless(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the giveaway J.P

    Dani

    danibatth@aim.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me, me, (jumping up and down in the back). I can't wait to read this, I love your portrait books.

    Tiffany
    bubbliemom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love a go, thank you!

    albrookeATmeDOTcom

    :))

    Anne
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please count me in thanks!

    melaniem54(at)msn(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Add me please.

    Kate198255@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. 2 names will be drawn Sunday at noon - good luck y'all! Cheers, JP

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd love to be included, thank you.

    Sue
    corieltauviqueen@yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please enter me.Thank you
    cvsimpkins@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haven't read this one... Will have to add it to the list... It sounds fantastic! AJ

    ajkelton1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello J. P.,

    Congrats on the re-release of your Book, "A Self Portrait".
    I went to MLR Press & read the Excerpts for your 'Portrait Series' & they all sounds FANTASTIC!!!

    "A Portrait of Phillip" - A prequel to the 'Nick Fallon Investigations Series'
    "A Portrait of Emily"
    "A Portrait of Andrew"
    "A Self Portrait" - part of the 'Nick Fallon Investigation Series'

    I just had a couple of questions though, MLR lists your 'Portrait Series' in the above order...my question is actually regarding the 'Nick Fallon Investigations Series', which is also an EXCELLENT Series! Should I have read "A Portrait of Phillip" before reading "A Deadly Game"? Then "A Deadly Deception" & "Murder Above Fourth"?

    Here is where I REALLY confuse you now LOL....is "A Self Portrait" the 4th Book in both your 'Portrait Series' & your 'Nick Fallon Investigations Series'?? Ok did I just make your head spin???? LOL Or did I COMPLETELY lose you??

    I know, I as wayyyyy to many questions. :)

    I would very much appreciate the opportunity to be considered in your very generous giveaway for an ebook copy of "A Self Portrait".

    Take Care J. P. & Happy Cinco de Mayo,
    PaParanormalFan (Renee’ S.)
    paranormalromancefan at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Renee - I've emailed you with the answers! Cheers. JP

      Delete
  18. To be completely fair I used random.org to draw the winners - they are Andys and Melanie - congratulations - your copies will be with you in a couple of days.
    Thanks to everyone else for your participation. Cheers, JP

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is an early comment but I just wanted to say “Thank You” for letting me be included in your Hop Against Homophobia. I am afraid I am not a talented m/m fiction writer like yourself but I am an avid reader of it.

    I guess I do not fit into any category really since I write non-fiction for an adult gay studio.
    http://shadowsterling.blogspot.com/2012/04/studio-i-write-for.html

    But this is a cause I feel strongly about and I wanted to let you know I appreciate the opportunity to be included.

    I put a post up at the top of my blog on May 5th and it will remain up until May 19th. http://shadowsterling.blogspot.com/2012/05/straights-and-international-day-against.html

    Since I do not write books I will be donating money to PFLAG here in the U.S. in the name of the winner.

    Thank you again for the inclusion.

    ReplyDelete